We are company number 13777653 registered in England & Wales.
Our registered office is at 22 High Street, Menai Bridge, Anglesey LL59 5EE.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We take the responsibility to protect your privacy and confidentiality very seriously. We understand that all users of our website, and those who have direct contact with us as a vendor, buyer, landlord or tenant, are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict and it complies with UK law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected on this website or given to us willingly as part of your relationship with Lucas Estate Agents.
1. Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
The type of information we will hold include:
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Current position (looking to sell, buy, rent, cash buyer etc)
- Copies of identification. Passport, driving license etc
This information is used:
- To provide you with the services which you request
- For verifying your identity for security purposes
- For marketing our services and products
Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
This information can be stored in three different locations, all securely password protected;
- Our database is password protected, and only employees or contractors engaged by us have access to it.
- Electronic documents are saved on a cloud based system. This may include copies of identification taken as part of our AML process. This system is password protected, and only employees or contractors engaged by us have access to it.
- Hard copies of property information, (including vendor, buyer, landlord or tenant details), and identification are stored in a locked filing cabinet. Only staff members have access to the key.
Information on vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants will be kept for 4 years. The data is then archived, deleted (or destroyed) as applicable from the systems they are held on.
2. Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to use a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours, and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
This information is used:
- To correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
- In a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site
- To send you news about the services to which you have signed up
3. Website usage information
4.Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service. However, we suggest you assess this notice to judge that we do take your privacy seriously.
5. Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- To allow essential parts of our website to operate for you.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint using our Complaints Process. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact another person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this only if absolutely necessary to resolve the complaint, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
8. Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
9. Marketing information
If you contact us to request notifications on properties of interest, we will ask you either verbally or by email if you would like to be added to our mailing list. Your information is then held on a secure, password protected database so that when a new property or properties are uploaded, you are automatically notified if they meet your criteria. This is something that you can opt out of at any time, simply be emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01248 714567.
10. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we can request data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
11. Affiliate information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose.
12. Disclosure to Government and their agencies
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
13. Reviewing your personal data
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below, or by emailing email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
You have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data we hold about you
- Request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- Withdraw your consent at any time
- Ask that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- Request that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
14. Sale of your personal information
We do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
15. Compliance with the law